How to bring back receding hairlines effectively?
Hey, it’s Laur from ScalpMates, your friendly SMP artist and blogger. Today I want to share with you a remarkable transformation of one of my clients who had a receded hairline and wanted to restore his confidence and appearance.
If you don’t know what SMP is, it stands for Scalp Micropigmentation, which is a cosmetic procedure that creates the illusion of fuller hair by depositing tiny dots of pigment on your scalp. It’s like a hair tattoo, but much more realistic and natural-looking.
SMP is perfect for people who have:
- Hair loss due to alopecia, chemotherapy, hormonal conditions or genetics.
- Thin hair or scalp show-through.
- Scars or birthmarks on the scalp.
SMP is not a hair growth treatment, but it can make it look like you have more hair than you actually do. It can also give you a stylish shaved head look if you are bald.
Before I show you the amazing before and after photos of my client, let me walk you through the process of SMP.
First, you get in touch and send me a few photos. We can discuss your goals, expectations and preferences. I can also give you a quote based on these photos. A physical consultation is not necessary, but if you wish to have a chat in person, that’s perfectly fine.
During your first session We will choose the pigments that match your skin tone and hair colour and design your ideal hairline based on your facial features, age and head shape. (with your input)
I will use thin needles to deposit tiny dots of pigment on your scalp in a pattern that mimics natural hair follicles. Numbing cream is normally not necessary as the pain is minimal, but if you’re more sensitive, then I will apply it.
The session for this client took about 2 hours, but sessions can be as long as 4-5 hours depending on the area that needs covering.
The result builds up gradually after each session. He had 2 sessions and was satisfied with the results achieved. It takes anywhere from 1 to 3 sessions to get complete results. The sessions are spaced a few weeks apart to allow the pigment to settle and for the skin to heal.
After each session, you need to avoid washing or wetting your scalp for 3-4 days. You also need to avoid sun exposure, swimming, sweating and scratching your scalp. You can use a moisturizer or an antibacterial cream to soothe your scalp and prevent infection. The aftercare is fairly simple and I will explain in more detail during your session.
Now that you know how SMP works, let me show you the results of my client who had a receded hairline. He came to me feeling insecure and unhappy about his appearance. He wanted to have a more defined and youthful hairline that would suit his face.
This is straight after the 2nd session and the pigment looks quite prominent and dark. Some slight redness around the area is also normal.
These next selfie photos are taken by the client. The first one is before SMP and the second one is taken around 2 weeks after his second micropigmentation session, once it’s all settled into a more subtle, natural colour.
As you can see, the difference is incredible. His hairline looks much more natural and full after the second session of SMP. He feels younger, happier and more confident. He told me he loves his new look and gets compliments from his friends and family.
SMP has many benefits for people who suffer from hair loss or thinning hair. Some of them are:
- It’s semi-permanent: Unlike other solutions like wigs, hair fibers or medications, SMP lasts for years without fading or falling off. You only need occasional touch-ups to maintain the color and density.
- It’s realistic: SMP mimics the appearance of real hair follicles by using different shades of pigment and layering them in a pointillism technique. It blends in seamlessly with your existing hair and skin tone.
- It’s safe: SMP uses medical-grade pigments that are hypoallergenic and sterile. The needles are disposable and single-use. The procedure is performed by trained and certified SMP artists who follow strict hygiene and safety protocols.
- It’s affordable: Compared to other options like hair transplants or laser therapy, SMP is much more cost-effective and offers better value for money. You only pay for the sessions you need and there are no hidden fees or maintenance costs.
SMP is a game-changer for people who want to restore their hairline and boost their self-esteem. It’s a simple, safe and effective way to create the illusion of fuller hair without surgery or hassle.
You can also check out my website for more information about SMP, testimonials from my happy clients and more before and after photos.
Don’t let hair loss hold you back from living your best life. Get SMP today and see the difference for yourself.
Thanks for reading and I hope to see you soon.
Laur from ScalpMates